Forum Index | Search the Forum | Register | Login

HOME  |  FORUM  |  GALLERY  |  DOWNLOADS  |  TEST  |  CONTACT  |  LEGAL

POM depth maps only work on some textures

Having problems running Chroma Hills? Having a server issue and need advice? Post in here.

Moderator: Panja

POM depth maps only work on some textures

Postby ctl » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:15 pm

This one is really weird. I'm using Optifine 1.10.2 with SEUS v11 and the latest chroma hills. A grass block has Parallax Occlusion Mapped depth, as do the polished granite/adesite/diorite blocks, and I think maybe snow, but most blocks are purely flat even though I unzipped the chroma hills resource pack and the depth maps for other blocks, like dirt, are clearly not flat.
ctl

Re: POM depth maps only work on some textures

Postby Shivaxi » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:53 am

This is because the new version of Chroma Hills adds the variable textures for things like grass and sand and cobblestone and stone, etc, to give them more variety in their textures and make them look less repetitive. Unfortunately this also means it breaks normalmap (bump mapping) and specular map, since there would need to be a normalmap and specularmap texture made for each variation texture (something which I'm already working on for myself, hopefully I will be able to release it publicly).

If you want a quick fix, delete the mcpatcher folder in assets. That will get rid of all variation textures and just use the normal ones, which support normalmap and specularmap still.
Shivaxi

Return to Pack Support / Bug Reporting